Am I eligible to get the VAST service?
The VAST service can now be accessed by eligible viewers in all states.
Access to Commercial TV services is subject to an eligibility test that takes into account commercial television licence areas and availability of conventional terrestrial television services at your location.
There are four categories of viewers eligible to access Commercial TV on VAST
- Viewers in the Remote Central & Eastern Australia Licence Area: View Map
- Current Satellite Viewers outside the Remote Central & Eastern Licence Area: these viewers currently watch satellite television and have special permission ("out of area" approval) for the existing "analogue" Aurora satellite services because they are in a television black spot
- Viewers in regional and metropolitan areas served by normal terrestrial TV services but who are unable to receive TV after digital switchover. As digital switchover rolls out across Australia, regional and metropolitan viewers who will not be able to receive television after switchover can apply for VAST access 6 months prior to switchover.
- Travellers: people travelling in caravans or motor homes in Remote Central and Eastern Australia are eligible to apply for temporary access to Commercial TV on VAST. Click here for Travellers Application
You may also submit an application and seek pre-approval before purchasing a
decoder. Please follow the instructions on the VAST application form.
If you are not eligible to receive the commercial TV services on VAST, you may still
be able to receive ABC and SBS in your location. You can select this option
during the registration process.
How can I check if I'm eligible?
- Enter your address and post code in the search address field and click "go".
- Your location will be marked by a pin on the map. If its not in the correct location drag
the pin to the correct spot
- Refer to the “Satellite Eligibility (VAST)” or 'Looking to change to satellite?'
section to display information about receiving VAST at your location
- If you have a VAST set top box and wish to register it, follow the prompts in the information window.
For help with the general VAST application process Click Here